Monday, September 21, 2009

Moving Fractions of an Inch

These last two weeks I have lost weight. I have now lost a grand total of . . . . five pounds! Yes, I know that looking at the vast amount of weight that I have to lose that this is a pathetic number. But, it is a number that represents inching on down the road in the RIGHT direction. I'm excited to be going the right way but I am finding that losing weight takes time and can be tiring. Not only does it take a long time to lose the weight itself, it takes time to plan your food, count your food, prepare your food, work on your thinking, habits, etc. I'm surprised at just how much time it takes. This is what I didn't want to have to do, but I'm doing it anyway. I think for me it is going to take a tremendous amount of focus on changing my habits to have any success at moving down the road at all. And to focus on something means giving it time and energy and importance.

So, I won't be running and some days even walking may be difficult, but I if nothing else I will scoot myself down that road inch by inch.

2 comments:

  1. Inch by inch, moment by moment... It is the same for all of us so congratulations! 5 is a great number. Time is your friend and as you inch you will reach your mile. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! 5 is great! Just think how depressed you are when you gain 5 (which is easy to do) and then be double that excited in reverse that you lost it! I don't even know if that makes sense, but Great work! And if you ever want to go for a walk just give me a call, I love going for walks!

    ReplyDelete